What is Rising Damp? Damp is a common household problem referring to unwanted moisture indoors. Due to capillary movement, water rises from the earth into the building. This can break cement-paint bonds, cause cracks, and dark spots or stains on the walls. The presence of moisture can lead to the growth of fungi and moulds, which can be extremely detrimental to your health. Rising damp can also contribute to the presence of wood-boring beetles, which further weaken the structural integrity of your home.
Damp Damage: Damage caused by rising damp can be extreme. This type of problem usually arises when there is a missing or compromised damp-proof course. This can be catastrophic for your home, resulting in moisture damage that affects paintwork and fittings, while weakening foundations and support structures of your home. In some cases, the walls and ceiling may even be at risk of collapse. Professional rising damp treatment Wellington offers an essential and affordable solution to your problem.
You don't have to spend any money or much time to get quotes from the trusted home improvement experts in our network. To receive quick, easy and free quotations from local specialist contractors, simply take a minute to fill out our simple form.
Access the UK's largest professional network
Damp can result in the growth of moulds and mildews, which release spores. The spores can cause allergies and upper-respiratory issues, as well as eye irritation. Prolonged exposure to certain types of moulds can even result in severe neurological problems. Rising damp also creates the ideal home for wood-boring beetles, which can put you and your family at risk of collapsing walls and ceilings. Rising damp treatment Wellington is crucial to protect you and your family from harm.
Treatments: There are a number of Wellington rising damp treatments. Always consult the professionals about which method is best for your home.
• Chemical Treatment ' this rising damp treatment is best suited to walls. It involves injecting a siliconate chemical under pressure into holes drilled at intervals in affected walls at levels deemed necessary by the building surveyor.
• Injection of Mortar Creams ' this treatment is suited to many applications, particularly joints that are visible. These creams are injected under low pressure and are carried by capillary action into the mortar beds where they crystallise to form a moisture-resistant barrier.
• Electro Osmotic Treatment - this method of rising damp treatment uses a very small electric current, introducing the current into the wall just above the ground level. This forces moisture back down the wall, ensuring that walls stay dry and free of damp.
Costs Involved: Rising damp treatment could end up saving you money. Treating your damp problem before walls collapse will save you renovation expenses. Treating rising damp also prevents the growth of moulds and mildews that could result in serious health problems and unnecessary medical expenses. The cost of damp treatments depends on the extent of the problem and size of the affected area. Rising damp experts will conduct a survey and provide a quote for their services prior to commencing treatment.
Have you got patches of mildew on your ceiling? Are your walls turning flakey? It might be time for a professional Wellington rising damp treatment. Take a minute to fill in our online form detailing your damp problems and we'll handle the rest. Get a free no-obligation quote from us today and say goodbye to your rising damp problems.
Your Wellington rising damp treatment questions answered
- How do I know if I need rising damp treatment? A professional can evaluate your home and determine whether you are a victim of rising damp. Generally, though, you will notice a damp feeling in rooms and walls (internal or external) will feel damp to the touch consistently.
- What is rising damp treatment? Rising damp treatment is a method of preventing moisture and dampness from wicking into a home's concrete, brick or other materials. This is often done during a new construction and may need to be redone over time.
- How much damage can rising damp do to my home? If left untreated, rising damp can contribute to mould growth, plaster and/or mortar damage or other minor symptoms. In the worst case, it can cause floors or walls to collapse, posing a potential health and wellness hazard.
- Does rising damp treatment require the skills of a professional? Not necessarily. If you can determine the source of the moisture and remove it, and repair the damage, then you may not need to employ a professional. Otherwise, calling a professional waterproofing company may be the best idea.
Our Damp Treatment Form
Fill in a few details using our online form. It only takes a minute to tell us about your rising damp issues.
Your Free Treatment Quotes
We'll organise up to four free quotes from local approved damp specialists. Remember all quotes are obligation-free.