What is Mould? Mould is the colloquial term referring to a broader category of various types of fungi. These microbes can be useful and are used in biotechnology and even in the pharmaceutical industry. The mould that grows on your ceiling, however, is most likely the undesirable kind that may pose some potential health problems for you and your loved ones. Mould removal Wellington may be the only solution to these pesky fungi.
Health Risks: Moulds present a health hazard to humans because they release spores. These spores can cause allergic reactions and other respiratory problems especially in asthmatics. Eye irritation is also common. Some moulds produce mycotoxins which can result in severe neurological problems and even death after prolonged and untreated exposure. Symptoms of a mould allergy include watery, itchy eyes, chronic coughing , headaches or migraines, a difficulty breathing, inexplicable rashes, fatigue, sinus problems, nasal blockage and frequent sneezing.
The specialist contractors in our network have not only been thoroughly screened but also have their work rated by ordinary members of the public, so what you see is what you get.
No registration needed, just fast quotes
This is a simple preventative method that involves using a specially formulated paint to deter the growth of moulds and mildews. This type of paint reduces condensation, insulating the wall and raising the temperature of the surface to reduce the amount of moisture and therefore mould in the home. This paint can be used for stippled or plain surfaces and greatly reduces the chance of mould and mildew growth.
Remedial Steps: For smaller infestations, some less extreme measures may be taken. Exposing the mould growth to sunlight could reduce the problem. Similarly, improving ventilation in the room with mould can curb the mould's growth. Dehumidifiers and household cleansers may also have a positive effect on controlling the growth of the mould. However, some infestations require a more radical approach and professional removal.
Mould Removal Wellington: Only trained professionals should attempt mould removal as close exposure to the spores can be dangerous. There are several methods for the successful removal of moulds in the home.
• Dry ice blasting ' this method can be used on surfaces such as wood and cement. Soda and Media blasting are also efficient mould removal methods and are preferred to encapsulation which simply covers up the mould.
• Vacuum - Wet vacuum cleaners can remove moulds from floors, carpets and other hard surfaces. This method should only be used if the mould is sufficiently wet otherwise spores may be exhausted into the indoor environment.
• Damp wipe ' this form of Wellington mould treatment uses wiping or scrubbing moulds from non-porous surfaces with astringents. Fungicides should then be applied to prevent regrowth.
• HEPA vacuum ' the high efficiency particulate air vacuum cleaners are used for clean-up sessions after others methods of removal have been used. All collected dust and debris should be stored in impervious bags to prevent unwanted release of spores.
Tired of living with ugly and smelly mould colonies in your home? Concerned about the health of you and your loved ones? It might be time to consider professional Wellington mould removal. Need the help of specialists but concerned about the costs? We can help you find the best quality, affordable mould solutions at a price to suit your budget. Get a free, no-obligation quote from us today and wave goodbye to hazardous mould colonies.
Your Wellington mould removal questions answered
- Do I need a mould removal expert Mould inside of your home can cause many problems. In addition to being unsightly and growing quickly, mould can cause respiratory illnesses among other health issues. A mould removal expert can ensure that the mould is cleaned properly and is gone from the home.
- How long does the process take? This will depend on how much mould is present in your home, but the expert should be able to give you an estimated time of completion.
- Can mould cause health problems? Yes. Most commonly, people who already have trouble breathing and those who have compromised immune systems are most susceptible to the presence of mould in their home or office. Infants, children, and the elderly are also at risk.
- Can I use commercial available products to remove mould myself? Yes. Once you have determined where the damp is coming from that is allowing the mould to grow, you can remove it with bleach, white vinegar, high strength hydrogen peroxide or simple soap and water, as long as the growth is not too large. For professional long-lasting results however, it's best to hire in the experts.
Our Mould Removal Form
Whatever your mould removal/treatment requirements, our simple quote form can help you save by providing free quotes from local approved mould specialists. It takes just a minute to apply.
Your Free Mould Treatment Quotes
Once we have a few details, we'll organise for your free mould removal quotes to be delivered direct by qualified local specialists. Getting your quotes really is that simple!